Australian Consumer Law
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonable foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
The following express warranties are in addition to any other rights and remedies that you may have under the Australian Consumer Law.
InfaSecure General 12 Month Warranty
InfaSecure products are thoroughly inspected by our Quality Assurance department for product quality, defects and faults.
Our products are covered against faulty materials and manufacturing when used under normal conditions.
In the unlikely case that you do have a fault, in relation to material quality or manufacturing, that restricts your ability to use your product normally, we will repair or replace the product within the 12 month warranty period.
Any decision to repair or replace a product is to be made by InfaSecure in its absolute discretion.
In order for your claim to be processed you must provide InfaSecure with a copy of the proof of purchase for the claimed item. Proof of purchase is deemed as an original retailer purchase receipt, tax invoice or bank statement. Proof of purchase must show; place of purchase, date of purchase and cost in one clear readable image.
InfaSecure reserves the right to deem a claim unsuccessful if proof of purchase is not supplied or fails to meet the aforementioned criteria
Please read your instruction manual carefully before using any of our products. The above express warranty does not apply where a failure or defect results from;
- Improper care, inadequate or complete lack of maintenance
- Incorrect installation or installation/misuse not in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions or from normal wear and tear.
- Damage caused by harsh detergents/abrasive cleaners or exposure to weather
Our warranty does not cover missing or damaged parts on products purchased as ex-display stock.
Products purchased from third party retailers such as EBay, Gumtree, or garage sales etc. are not covered by our warranty.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, InfaSecure excludes all liability for damage or injury to any person, damage to any property and any indirect consequential loss or damage.
Additional Warranty on Blow Moulded Child Restraints
Our blow moulded child restraints are covered against faulty materials and manufacturing when used under normal conditions and according to the instructions.
In the unlikely case that you do have a fault in relation to material quality or manufacturing that restricts your ability to use your Child Restraint normally, we will repair or replace the product within the following warranty periods from date of purchase:
- 12 month warranty for material and fabrics
- 2 year warranty for straps and webbing
- 5 year warranty for hardware and fittings
- Lifetime warranty* on the manufacturing of the seat moulding
Please read your instruction manual carefully before using any of our products. The above express warranties do not apply where a failure or defect results from improper care, misuse or from normal wear and tear.
The following model numbers represent the blow moulded child restraints that are covered by this additional warranty;
|2013 Standard Compliant Seats||2010 Standard Compliant Seats||2004 Standard Compliant Seats|
*Lifetime warranty refers to the life span of the seat which is 10 years from the Date of Purchase.
As per the General 12month warranty, a copy of your proof of purchase must be supplied for all warranty claims. In addition, claims for child restraints must include both the SAI Global Serial Number and the Date of Manufacture, or the claim will be deemed invalid.
Date of manufacture does not negate the need to provide Proof of Purchase. Nor does it have any bearing on our warranty policy apart from it use in providing a time frame for the lifespan of the child restraint in instances where the proof of purchase is not available.
Making a Warranty Claim
All warranty replacements are organised through the place of purchase, but pre-approval can be gained from our Customer Service Consultants.
To make a warranty claim or to purchase spare parts, please contact our Customer Service Consultants on 1300 924 632 (international +61 2 4728 8090) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
InfaSecure General Warranty – Warranty Repair and Replacement Procedure;
1. Contact our Customer Service Consultants via phone ( 1300 92 4632 ), email ( email@example.com ) or our Online Warranty Claim form, and provide the following details;
- Your contact details, i.e. full name, address and preferred contact number.
- Information regarding the product;
- Model Name and Code.
- Clear image of proof of purchase – showing place of purchase, date and product.
- Description of Fault/Defect.
- Clear Image of area of fault/defect and also of entire product.
- If the claim is for a child restraint the following additional information is required;
- Date of Manufacture (D.O.M – this is normally located on a white or silver sticker attached to the plastic shell of the seat).
- SAI Global/Batch Number.
2. If warranty can be determined from the images, you will be asked to return the product to the place of purchase for replacement or to be sent off for repair. In some cases a replacement part may be able to be sent directly to you to resolve the claim.
3. If warranty cannot be determined from the images or we require a physical inspection of the product, you will be asked to return the item to the place of purchase, after inspection an InfaSecure Customer Service Consultant will contact you and advise whether the product is covered by warranty.
If products are deemed un-repairable and a replacement product is to be provided, InfaSecure will endeavour to supply an identical product for replacement; if an identical product is not available a model of similar quality, design, features, accessories and price will be provided.
Expenses for making a warranty claim:
Products purchased and used outside of Australia and/or New Zealand are still covered by our warranty with the exception that all freight charges are to be covered by the customer.
Any requirement of a hire restraint while a warrantable product is being inspected/repaired is at the customer’s choice and expense.
In cases, where your product has been freighted or sent to either a specified repairer or InfaSecure’s repairs department at our head office, for further inspection;
If the product is covered by warranty, you will not incur any freight, parts or repair costs.
If the product is deemed non-warranty you may be liable for freight to and from InfaSecure or the specified repairer, parts and/or repair costs.